Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bible Happy With Decision






Anyone that has ever had the privilege to sit and visit with Taylor Bible, defensive tackle for the Denton Guyer Wildcats, knows that he is probably one of the nicest young men you'll ever meet.


What you may not know is he is a beast on the football field and anyone that has lined up across from this dominate force knows that.


Bible, at 6-3, 290 pounds was very instrumental in leading the Wildcats to the 4A State Semi-Finals last season before falling to Longview. Bible fell victim to double and triple teams all season, but still managed tally up 88 tackles, 42 of those were for loses behind the scrimmage.


The University of Texas commit has no hesitation about giving the Horns his verbal commitment. "After visiting with all the coaches and Coach Brown, I feel this is where I belong. They respect me and I respect them", said Bible.


Heavily recruited from many teams in the Big 12 and offers from other schools that included Arizona, Kentucky, UCLA and Oregon, Bible chose Texas because it's close to home and because of the tradition.


Bible who visited Austin on Junior Day in February and wasted no time committing after the Horns made the offer. "After traveling down and visiting with everyone on campus, it just seems like they're all one big family". Bible added, "I was looking for consistency and Texas has it, not to mention the tradition is unbelievable".


It's true that when your team heads into the post season things open up and that is exactly what happened with Bible.


Not to say that he wasn't on the recruiting radar last season as there were just a couple of games that set him apart and moved him up the list.


Against Wichita Falls, Bible had a huge game recording 10 solo tackles and six of those were for losses behind the line of scrimmage.


Probably the biggest game of the season which really carried some meaning with it was when Guyer faced Wolfforth Frenship in their state semi-final win. Bible basically man handled the Frenship offensive line, including 2009 offensive lineman Mason Walters (signed with Texas).


In the contest, Bible recorded nine tackles including seven behind the line of scrimmage, a sack and three quarterback hurries. "He was totally dominating Walters and anyone else that wanted to try and block him in that game" said Guyer offensive coordinator Mitch Stovall.


Heading into his senior season, Bible feels that there are some things he needs to improve upon. "I feel that the one area that I really need to work on is my pass rush, most definitely my pass rush that has to be my weakest point".


With a strong first move and the penetration that Bible has on offensive lines, it's apparent that it will be hard for opposing offenses to establish an inside run game against the Wildcats.


Bible is confident that he can walk in and make an impact with Texas and Defensive Coordinator Derek Ramsey has the same feeling. "He (Taylor) is a hard worker and is always looking to improve his game. I really feel he could make an impact with Texas", said Ramsey.


Either way it's done and now Bible can focus on the off-season and getting ready for next year. "I'm just glad the recruiting process is over. Now I can focus on my school work. I actually have my life back", said Bible. "I have a big off – season planned and I am looking forward to my final season".

No comments:

Post a Comment